Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what years will interchange with a 1987 VT110c? I've heard that 87 - 94 should be a direct swap, while others say some newer years will work.

I've had rust in the tank before and had it Kreemed, but now it's got a small leak above the petcock area -- ruined the paint too.

I would like to get a replacement in good shape if I can, or does anyone know how to fix this issue easily?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The tanks from 87 on appear to be the same other than the location of the fill cap. Of course appearances don't mean squat. The tanks are getting hard to find. Be prepared to fork over a good chunk of change for a nice one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I've been checking out tanks on e-bay and even the junk dented ones are fairly expensive.

I'm gonna check with somebody that works in the paint division of your company and see if they have anything that will coat / seal the inside.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Permatex makes tank seal. It's a putty type of stuff you put in the hole from the outside. Tried it once, it worked! Just trying to give you an alternative.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, alternative ideas are what I'm looking for --- don't want to put out $500 - $600 for a tank in good shape. Anything under $400 seems to be full of dents.

It's got to be a pin hole under the paint as it just drips once every 1/2 hour or so. Enough to screw up the paint in that area and make my pants stink like gas when I ride it... Not to mention that gas leaking on electrical is probably a bad idea:shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts