Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I have changed the reg/rectifier, stator, and the battery on my vt700c and I still wound up with a dead battery. I used the connectors supplied with the electosport parts. Any suggestions/solutions?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
What is the charging voltage at idle and about 2500rpm? Without knowing that, not much else to offer except take the battery somewhere and have it tested.

I replaced stator and rr with electrosport in my 98 1100 and get a solid 14 volts charging - fixed it up righteously.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check all the electrical conections - all through the charging circuit - not just battery terminals, check all connections, pull connectors and clean them. Follow the battery leads and check/clean the other ends. Also check grounds - the battery ground goes to a lug on the starter motor mounting foot, there's also a ground lug underneath the seat attached to the frame, check & clean it. Check the main harness connectors for the stator & RR, the new parts may be good, but the other ends could be bad. I have an 87 VT700 also, I found the connector on top of the starter solenoid (under rubber boot) actually melted and fused to the solenoid - had to basicly cut it apart and crimp spade terminals to the wires to connect to the 4 lugs on the solenoid - charging circuit/main power goes thru this connector. Get a repair manual if you don't already have one so you can use the wiring diagram to find all circuits to do with the charging. If you don't have one, I can scan and send you the diagram.

Gumpy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts