Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare Now days one year model. Trying to find out definitively is this model was a single pin crankshaft engine. The ones Harley Davidson sued Honda over the Pa Ta To sound. I'm resurrecting a recent Barn find with 31k on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok so the 88 800 will be more up, honda quiet and more reliable. I'm hoping. Lol. Thanks. Oh so is it 45 or 52 degrees V twin dual pin crankshaft?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good brother. Thanks. I'm just wondering things while awaiting going back to 1988. I had a blast in the late 80 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey I have a 88 vt 800 chopper and it's a 45 very rare bike I've had mine all over the US only problem I had is the old electronics need to be checked had a few grounding issues after a couple thousand

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am waiting on 2 float valves and it's test fire time. It had been in a barn since 2013. Carbs were cobbled up and lower isolator boots were hardened. A fuel filter, fuel pump on the way too. Hopefully she will run. Oh, a new battery too, lol.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,422 Posts
Some guys have softened the boots by putting them in hot water. Some even said put wintergreen oil in the water. Not sure how it works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone on here found one with 400 miles in immaculate condition. He finally bought it, but paid like $5,500. Still a deal for that bike. I'm gonna seal down the rubbers on the slide diaphrams to ensure no vacuum leaks. My old cx500 ones shrunk now idles at 4k after cleaning. Gonna do them too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts