Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fabricated an inlet manifold out of 42mm, 4mm thick walled stainless steel tube, fabricated a flange to fit an SU carb, bolted all together and inserted into the original rubber inlets. Made a small bracket to support the carb which bolts onto the original horn bracket, then I had to make the throttle cable fit, but the original length cable is fine, so just a small bracket for the static side of the cable, and that's about it, other than throwing the nasty old Keihin carbs in the bucket that is.lol Anything I've missed, just ask. :)

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Fabricated an inlet manifold out of 42mm, 4mm thick walled stainless steel tube, fabricated a flange to fit an SU carb, bolted all together and inserted into the original rubber inlets. Made a small bracket to support the carb which bolts onto the original horn bracket, then I had to make the throttle cable fit, but the original length cable is fine, so just a small bracket for the static side of the cable, and that's about it, other than throwing the nasty old Keihin carbs in the bucket that is.lol Anything I've missed, just ask. :)
nice.. years ago someone actually was selling a conversion kit for this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been lookin for someone doin this very conversion for months, decided yesterday that it was happening, so after around more or less 6 hours of labour, its running. The old carbs have been a problem for some time now, but after replacing every part in the carbs except the main needles, I gave up and opted to go single. I'm into this bike for a lot of money now due to the rings and head gasket needin replaced, so to find such a nice, mechanical lookin fix, its safe to say a) I'm a happy lad, and b) this shadow gets to live a little longer rather than go up in flames (which was MY idea 2 days ago.haha)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts