Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks....great board you have here. I am looking to change my rear fender from the duck tail to something that wraps the rear wheel. Any ideas?

I'm also looking for a way to get some more legroom. My bike has cobra floor boards on it right now. I'm 6'3" and I find myself with my heals on the front of the floor boards more often than not. Is there a way to move the floor boards forward or am I looking at forward controls for the biggest stretch?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey All™,
If you're talking about something like I done, as well as several others, I used a Sabre fender. Others have used other Honda fenders, and some have gone all out and bought custom made fenders. The easiest IMO, is going with the Sabre fender.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You can use a fender off of an ACE, Saber, or Aero to replace the bobtail fender on your bike. Some mods may need to be made, but they should all fit between the fender rails with no problem.
You will also need to extend the wires to the lights on those type of fenders (cut, splice/solder and shrink wrap) to get them to reach, unless the fender comes with all the wiring intact (you may get lucky!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would like to do the same thing.... but all i have been able to find have been for 750's.... are the fenders the same size?

thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts