Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the help I have received on the site. Now, does anyone know if there is a spec difference in the 85/86 pumpkin final dive and the 94? I need one and I'm finding lots of early models. The pics all look the same, I just don't know.
Yea, I'm the idiot that broke the ear for the shock support off my 94 VT1100 final drive.
thanks,
Russell

· Registered
4,689 Posts
1987 and above are the same final drive case set - 41311-MM8-305.
I only checked thru 1994.

Use Partsfish.com to get the part numbers if you find a year and model you think may fit to croos check. There are other cross-reference site I believe too.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
rusted,

I'm not too sure if it will or won't. MY guess is yes(tentative), but I am not certain at all. Couple of reasons: does the 85/86 mount on the left-side of the rear (as your sitting on the bike)? If not, no it won't. Another issue is the width of the "distance collar"(check in manual) in the 85/86, it may be different than the 94 (shorter or longer) and cause "fitment problems" with the "brake side" of the bike plus the axle bolt. :roll: I know, not much help. :(

Someone posted a "website" about a week or two ago about an "interchangability site" that one could use for help in these type issues. I'm not that good at the "search feature" on here...so I'm of little help. I just hope the board memeber "re-posts" that site. It'll be a great help to you and me. :wink:

Bullzeyet

· Registered
4,689 Posts
bullzeyet said:
rusted,

I'm not too sure if it will or won't. MY guess is yes(tentative), but I am not certain at all. Couple of reasons: does the 85/86 mount on the left-side of the rear (as your sitting on the bike)? If not, no it won't. Another issue is the width of the "distance collar"(check in manual) in the 85/86, it may be different than the 94 (shorter or longer) and cause "fitment problems" with the "brake side" of the bike plus the axle bolt. :roll: I know, not much help. :(

Someone posted a "website" about a week or two ago about an "interchangability site" that one could use for help in these type issues. I'm not that good at the "search feature" on here...so I'm of little help. I just hope the board memeber "re-posts" that site. It'll be a great help to you and me. :wink:

Bullzeyet
I can tell you for sure the pre-87's have three bolt flange to drive shaft connection...gotta love parts fische.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.