Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the specs on this? Rise, pullback and overall length? Just trying to find something a bit wider since I have stock and it feels like a weird angle. I think it would feel more comfortable not being "narrow". I want to go with something like this pictured below.
Glasses Vision care Sunglasses Eye glass accessory Eyewear

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone so far for the help. The sites were a little off but the recommends are sweet. Probably a dumb question, but I saw on one site the there is dimpled and smooth. I take it Harley's have the dimpled, but can dimpled go to Honda's? So much cheaper then the smooth.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
yes they can, the bars in my avatar pic are oem Harley bars on my 1100. Off Craigslist for $25 and he dropped them at my work once we figured out we worked about 6 blocks apart. I drilled one hole in each side for the switchbox locating pins, in line with and just to the outside of the dimpled area. There are lots of harley take-offs out there. If possible, set them on a flat surface and verify they don't rock indicating they're bent. though you won't notice a small bend and that just makes them cheaper if you point it out., lets you try them without spending a lot and if you like them shop for a better set if it bothers you enough.,

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks everyone so far for the help. The sites were a little off but the recommends are sweet. Probably a dumb question, but I saw on one site the there is dimpled and smooth. I take it Harley's have the dimpled, but can dimpled go to Honda's? So much cheaper then the smooth.
Yup, cheaper, but if they are knurled the spacing is wrong for Honda risers.
That will not affect function though, just appearance.

As to the switch pod knub holes, I don't drill them, I file those knubs off of the switches.
That way I can have yet another thing to adjust. :D
I've been happy with Emgo bars.
jmo,

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yep, there's about 1/4" to3/8" showing on each side between the risers, doesn't bother me a bit. looked at the knurling on every bicycle I ever had too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts