Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new...just joined a couple of days ago becasue I just purchased my first motorcycle (97 Shadow VT600 - if you didn't catch on to that already). :) I just brought it home today and thought some of you would appreciate a picture.

I purchased it from a local guy desprite for cash. It has 760 origional miles, I am the 2nd owner, and I paid book value.

Enjoy.

P.S. thanks for having me here!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice looking ride. I had an 88, same early style rear fender and side covers. Your motor looks more poilished and with the 2 tone paint I guess it's a deluxe. I loved my VLX.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Congrats! I really like yellow on bikes.

For its year, being that it has such low miles, any issues with the motor that you noticed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
issues with the low miles

The only issue that I have is it back fires a little bit, I made sure to drain the old gas and put a gas booster in it. I'm hoping it fixes the minor back fires. The tank looks good, maybe a little rust, just from taking a peek inside.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chrome instead of aluminum trim. Two tone paint. Buttoned seat. Yup, it's a deluxe.

Really low miles, too. Good find.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Nice bike :) Congrats!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Depending on how much rust, you may want to clean the tank. The rust can gum up everything. Can't believe the miles on that thing!!!! Looks like it's right off the showroom floor!

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Finally, a noob with pics. Pay attention all noobs, this is how it's done, now stop whining you can't post pics until three posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally, a noob with pics. Pay attention all noobs, this is how it's done, now stop whining you can't post pics until three posts.
All I missed was the boob pix. My bad.
FOR THE ALLIANCE.
Human Priest "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts