Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching pretty much all day, and not just this forum, and I have yet to find my answer and right when I think I've found a link or diagram, "OOPS, SOMETHING WENT WRONG", or "ERROR 404".....it seems a lot of the links here are outdated and unreachable......in any case, my question.

I am replacing the plug wires on my Spirit, the wires that screw into the coil, how do I replace those? Do I have to order OEM wires? Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,859 Posts
The plug wires have resistor caps in them, the coil end should just slide on.
This should explain it a little bit.
Spark Plug Wires/Boots (3 ways to do it).
The link I post there is no longer valid but I do have a PDF version of it I could email if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plug wires have resistor caps in them, the coil end should just slide on.
This should explain it a little bit.
Spark Plug Wires/Boots (3 ways to do it).
The link I post there is no longer valid but I do have a PDF version of it I could email if you decide to go that route.
did you just cut the screw in adapter off the OEM wires and some how jam the new wire into the coil side hole?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can/Will someone, ANYONE, please just let me know how to remedy my spark plug wire situation?
I have the screw in wire at the coil (97 Spirit 1100)
Do I somehow get the screw adapater to fit on the new wires? Or do I simply have to buy OEM wires already with the srew head...?

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,859 Posts
Are you taking about the cap the screws on to the coil?

Reactions: 97Spirit

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,859 Posts
Just sent you an email, post back if you have more questions. I'm not always available but there are plenty here that can help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just sent you an email, post back if you have more questions. I'm not always available but there are plenty here that can help.
Maaaaaaaaan, I appreciate the email, but it didn't help at all..was that a car engine in the picture??

All I want to know....
Do you have a 97-06 Shadow Spirit 1100?
Plug wires that screw into the coil?
Have you replaced those coil wires W/aftermarket wires?
what did you use/How did you do it?
If you answer no to any of these questions, and reply with some atom splitting diagram or some crazy 2 page explanation and history of the spark plug, as apposed to a solution
YOU ARE NOT HELPING.....
Thanks all

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,166 Posts
You need the wires with the adaptors already attached to the wires. You can't just buy regular spark plug wires and fit them to your coil.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,071 Posts
If the original wires and insulation looks good still I would keep them since they are copper wire. Most aftermarket will have resistance core wiring and you don't need that if you keep the end caps. They have a 5000 ohm resister in them. There is solid core racing wire available however.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,166 Posts
AWESOME! Thank you Chuck_Michigan. Questioned asked, question answered....
Once they are attached to the coil, if the coil is removed in the future, it is unhooked and unbolted from the bike, and then with the spark plug wire still hooked to the coil, both the wire and coil are removed from the bike as a unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts