Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having never seen a 1997 VT1100 I personally have no idea, does anyone happen to know if the rear profile/duck tail and width the same on both these rear fenders? I know they carry different part numbers and the top of the fenders look different where the seat mounts. Are they both plastic?

I'm strictly interested in the rear end of these fenders right above the tail light.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Plastic? The only plastic on my fender is the taillight. The fender sits in the garage un-used. Found a painted ACE fender on eBay that I use. Give me a few minutes...I'll walk out to the shop and take a couple detailed photos for you.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They LOOK the same at the rear above the tail light, which obviously means nothing. Hmm... guess I'll have to dig deeper into this.:mrgreen:

You didn't know the VLX rear fender is plastic? It has a subframe so the fender isn't load bearing. No reason for a heavy steel fender.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did not know that. Interesting! Learn something new every day.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
The '97 ACE fender profile is more old-style & rounded in back down over the tire, if that is what you're looking for,firehawk.
And steel.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The '97 ACE fender profile is more old-style & rounded in back down over the tire, if that is what you're looking for,firehawk.
And steel.
The reason I was asking about this is I saw a National Cycle rear fender tip for the VT1100 Spirit, and from the picture it looked alot like a VLX rear fender. Was curious if it would fit my bike.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
If you wanted it to fit your bike?
No.
If you had a wheelbarrowful?
No.
If your worst enemy had the last one in existence?
Yes. It would fit.

No; wait.
Sorry.
I was somehow projecting my own experiences.....sorry.

And good luck, northern neighbor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts