Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple months ago I bought a 97 vt1100 ace in great shape, it was well maintained by the previous owner, has just over 87000km on it, I've got things I'm changing out on it and I've been able to do a few different things so far. I'll continue to post pics until I'm at where I'd like to be with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a '97 Shadow ACE VT1100C2 as well. Yours looks in much better shape. Only mods I did to my Shadow that made a real difference was install 10" mini apes and replaced the stock seat. Can't wait to see your progress.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a '97 Shadow ACE VT1100C2 as well. Yours looks in much better shape. Only mods I did to my Shadow that made a real difference was install 10" mini apes and replaced the stock seat. Can't wait to see your progress.
Thanks man, what's yours look like? I got lucky, the previous owner took real good care of it and I got a good deal on it. I cant wait to actually ride it!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's a recent picture (minus the saddle bags). I would say this is her best side. The left side has a big dent in the gas tank. The right side has a some little dents that I created. :) She looks good if you stand at least 6ft away though. :(

WP_20190709_004.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a recent picture (minus the saddle bags). I would say this is her best side. The left side has a big dent in the gas tank. The right side has a some little dents that I created. :) She looks good if you stand at least 6ft away though. :(

View attachment 284252
Beauty of a bike!! Doesnt matter about condition of the tank or anything. The shadows are one of the greatest bikes made!

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
It looks pretty darn good from here! 😃

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought this set of crash bars from a local motorcycle salvage and sales yard, under $100, they have some rust and wear on them but cant beat the deal, anyone know if I'll have to change out my floor boards to make them fit?

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
I am guessing they will fit OK. By the pictures I looked at anyway.
May depend on the brand of floorboards.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Good deal that they worked out. Ride safe!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking great! A buddy of mine found these fabric covers that slip over the crash bars to help with wind on colder days! Really helped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking great! A buddy of mine found these fabric covers that slip over the crash bars to help with wind on colder days! Really helped.
Thanks, making in my own one piece at a time. A buddy of mine who is also my mechanic has them to. He says the same thing

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Kyle I never noticed that mini visors on your turn signals (crash bar looks cool by the way). Did you make them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts