Honda Shadow Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
271 Posts
Hey Kyle,
That looks sweet! Are you going to paint it to match or leave it black? When you're riding do you look through the windshield or just above it? If you look through the windshield how badly is your view distorted? I've got a little flyscreen on my ride and it deflects just enough wind off my chest to make riding between 65 and 75 bearable (That's 104 and 120 for you non 'Mericans).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey Kyle,
That looks sweet! Are you going to paint it to match or leave it black? When you're riding do you look through the windshield or just above it? If you look through the windshield how badly is your view distorted? I've got a little flyscreen on my ride and it deflects just enough wind off my chest to make riding between 65 and 75 bearable (That's 104 and 120 for you non 'Mericans).
For now I'm going to leave it black, maybe in the future I'll paint it but still undecided, when I sit on it I look above it, I sit a good 6-8" above it, I havent had the chance to test it out yet.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sweet. I was thinking about installing one of those head lights but it was easier to install an H4 LED "bulb" instead. I was also thinking going old skool and install a light bar but the LED bulb puts out more than enough light for night time driving.

Anyway, I recently rebuild my front end (leaking fork seal) and decided to put on a set of fork gaiters. I'm kinda ambivalent about it.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,542 Posts
Here's some info on installing that light.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,888 Posts
Good News.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here's some info on installing that light.

Thanks, I checked it out, not sure the areo headlight housing is like the one I have. The one I have on my bike now is ment for harleys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ordered this for it. Comes with the housing and light. Good reviews.
Also forgot to mention I changed my skull grips out for biltwell rubber grips, a much more comfortable grip!

·
Registered
271 Posts
JPatron... where did you find those?!? My wife loves them and wants them for her Vulcan “Heckraiser”
Timmerman. I lucked out and found them at my local Goodwill. I paid $30. Here's a link to Dennis Kirk who sells them for a lot more. :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
SKTYANTS 5 3/4" headlight is on!! Simple install, exactly the look I want to!! Although the fairing and headlight is "harley" parts, works perfect for me!! I think I'm done with the mods for awhile haha

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know if it was a misguided reprobate who stole it or if it blew off because I hit 95 mph on the highway but my left side battery cover went missing one day. eBay and the internets only had right side battery covers and OEM was way too expensive (north of $240 on sale!). So I got these Mutazu paintable covers. It kinda matches the stock cream color.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Fuel tank

·
Registered
271 Posts
Front wheel transformation complete. My 1997 Honda Sabre ACE VT1100C2. 2001 Honda Sabre front wheel is a direct replacement for my '97 spoked Honda Shadow ACE.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Fuel tank

·
Registered
271 Posts
I picked up this Slipstream HD-0 Mini Police windscreen. The small flyscreen I had before was just good enough to keep the wind off my chest at 65mph. Any thing faster I could feel the it. With the HD-0 windscreen I can go much faster without feeling too much pressure on my chest. I had to widen the headlight cutout a bit.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
After saying i wasn't going to buy one for my 97 vt1100, i bought a batwing, was a good price, didn't come with mounts or a windshield, instead of buying the over priced memphis shades trigger lock, is there a way to make mounts for it?
I've searched google and had no luck finding anything solid.
Has anyone made anything?

·
Registered
839 Posts
After saying i wasn't going to buy one for my 97 vt1100, i bought a batwing, was a good price, didn't come with mounts or a windshield, instead of buying the over priced memphis shades trigger lock, is there a way to make mounts for it?
I've searched google and had no luck finding anything solid.
Has anyone made anything?
Post a pic of the back of the batwing so we can see the mounting points you have to work with.
I bought universal head light "ears" that clamp on the fork tubes between the triples tree but to mount a headlight, not a fairing.
Those might make a good anchor point to built mounts off of, could even put 2 on each fork tube with a piece of strap steel between them.
And cut them short to get the batwing closer to the fork tubes.
Headlight "ears":

motorcycle headlight mounts | eBay

Headlight Mount Bracket Fork Ear Motorcycle Fit For Bobber Cafe Racer 28/31/34mm | eBay

41 - 60 of 81 Posts