Honda Shadow Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
271 Posts
Replaced my missing side cover with a chrome one. It looks like my bike needs more shiny bits on the battery side. I just realized that if someone wanted (or needed) a chromed left side cover they could just walk up an take it. Is there a way to attach it like on the ride side?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,888 Posts
I put a heavy fishing line on mine about 10 inches long so I don't lose mine.
A thin steel cable would be better to discourage theft.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I put a heavy fishing line on mine about 10 inches long so I don't lose mine.
A thin steel cable would be better to discourage theft.
I thought about that Swifty but wouldn't you have to drill a small hole on the side cover to attach a cable with a small bolt & nut? I guess I could drill a hole on the top of the cover (that wouldn't be too noticalbe).

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,888 Posts
Drill small hole back on the rear edge that is not noticeable and attach to the frame.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,276 Posts
Maybe something like one of those plastic covered stainless steel fishing leaders.
They come in all kinds of lengths, you can buy them online if you don't have a local tackle shop, they are strong and did I mention they are like me relatively cheap. (-;

·
Registered
'98 Shadow VT1100t, '16 FJR1300
83 Posts
Replaced my missing side cover with a chrome one. It looks like my bike needs more shiny bits on the battery side. I just realized that if someone wanted (or needed) a chromed left side cover they could just walk up an take it. Is there a way to attach it like on the ride side?
I never even thought about that... Why would they make a part that just 'comes off' like that.. Now you have me paranoid... THANKS!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hey Kyle! I'm liking the batwing! Are the whitewalls Shinko 777?
hey, thanks, wasn't wanting to put the batwing on just yet but pulled my own leg and convinced myself to do it lol
the tires are shinko 777
had shinkos on it last year/when i bought it and loved how they handled, they don't have very many whitewalls out there for sizes around these sizes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple months ago I bought a 97 vt1100 ace in great shape, it was well maintained by the previous owner, has just over 87000km on it, I've got things I'm changing out on it and I've been able to do a few different things so far. I'll continue to post pics until I'm at where I'd like to be with it.

Here's mine on a 1200 km. Trip around the southern tip of NS last year, absolutely love my Shadow 77,500kms on it and going strong. New tires, brakes, fluids, filters, repacked rear wheel grease, ready for another long trip as soon as opportunity presents. Running shell ultra 4t synthetic 10w40 and gm synthetic 75w90 gear oil in the shaft drive. Get tons of comments on her, complete joy to ride, turns easily in the 16 ft. Factory exhaust note is pure joy. Enjoy yours, safe travels!
Bubba G
Water Sky Plant Helmet Tire

·
Registered
6 Posts

A bit better pic, didn't realize from the thumbnail the bottom half wasn't visible, Honda calls this paint scheme Pearl Ivory Cream and Black.
Hence the name.
Ride on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dang it! It happened again! This is the third time I lost the left side battery cover! I'll admit that this is my fault. I popped the side cover to gain access to my heated glove pigtail. I guess I didn't push it back in place. This is getting ridiculous. This time I will take Swifty's advice. I went out and bought a fishing line jig thingie.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dang it! It happened again! This is the third time I lost the left side battery cover! I'll admit that this is my fault. I popped the side cover to gain access to my heated glove pigtail. I guess I didn't push it back in place. This is getting ridiculous. This time I will take Swifty's advice. I went out and bought a fishing line jig thingie.

View attachment 298885
A little spritz of rust check on the rubbers makes them slide in easily and makes them seat better to stay in place.
FYI

61 - 80 of 81 Posts