Honda Shadow Forums banner

97 vt1100 ace Progress

9K views 80 replies 13 participants last post by  oldguy 
#1 ·
Couple months ago I bought a 97 vt1100 ace in great shape, it was well maintained by the previous owner, has just over 87000km on it, I've got things I'm changing out on it and I've been able to do a few different things so far. I'll continue to post pics until I'm at where I'd like to be with it.

#13 ·
I am guessing they will fit OK. By the pictures I looked at anyway.
May depend on the brand of floorboards.

Attachments

#32 ·
Hey Kyle! I saw something similar but more of a cafe racer type bullet fairing from Krator as well. It was for a 7" headlight and the OD for my Shadow is roughly 7.75 in. Oh well. I've got a new mod for my motorcycle. Thanks to this forum I am turning my Shadow into a Sabre! I got a great deal on a 2007 Sabre rear wheel (with a new tire!) on eBay because people on this forum said it was an easy swap. Now I've gotta find a cheap front wheel.

When I was swapping out my wheels I noticed that one of my detachable saddle bag locking mechanism disapeared! It must've rattled off on the highway somewhere?
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Fuel tank
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle door Door handle

#34 ·
That's my little joke. I think after '99 the VT1100 Shadow ACE morphed into a Sabre. Funny, huh? When I bought my motorcycle it was pretty "weathered". Keeping the surface rust off the chrome rims was a chore and the spokes . . . Fugetaboutit. Keeping the shiny bits shiny is no way to spent ones day off. I don't know how Harley guys do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.