Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We Ride!2019

I've been on the lookout up this way, D!
As the Ivory soap commercial says > We`re "99 & 3/4 percent" sure the "fire has been put out" on this search for handlebars...
@smilie called yesterday saying he has found the handlebars I seek...
Thank You Mike!! Thank You for your constant searching the web for me, I don`t know much on computers, e bay, craigslist and other means to find such items...
I have an "ex-nephew in law" that does this for me when I need him to...

Keep me posted Mike,
D

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@smilie went through the trouble to locate, buy, package & mail the handlebars to me...
I greatly appreciate this effort and follow through on it...
As of now> I have new to me bars sitting at the bike and will get back on swapping out the bent ones for straight ones...
All I did this morning is gather tools and remove them itty bitty caps in the allen heads holding the risers...
I DID get the work table/lift cleared of a mower deck I had been piddling with since last week and got the mower mowing :D
Thank You @smilie
D...

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
Oh and @smilie "The check`s in the mail"
That is the oldest lie ever told ;)
Sounds good, D! I'm glad I was able to help, and can't think of anyone more deserving of it, considering you spend so much of your time selflessly helping others. Like my dad used to say, "What goes around, comes around". Now, stop loafing and get to work!;)

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I`ve been blessed!
Helping others has its "Paybacks" Although I don`t expect anything when I help someone...
Check it out!!! >>
I got started early this morning and removed the bent ones, they ain`t bent real bad...
But don`tchyaknow a little bend feels funny ;)

I got the ones you got for me installed just a little while ago...
It steers like NEW!!!
Everything went well except for then weights inside the bars, I had to move them to get the right side weight inside the handlebars on accountta I found them AFTER I had mounted the bars...
And to do so, I had done put the right side together,so I hadta loosen the riser clamps and slide the bars to the left far enough to get the throttle back off outta the way to put the weight in....
I LOVE IT!!!
My last Thank you to you @smilie (until I do it again ;) Thank YOU!!

Crashing SUCKS
D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts