Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 98 shadow vlx, I have neglected by not using fuel stabilizer, so here's the prob, it starts rite up, however while the choke is pulled all the way out it idles like it's in, it also stalls if I try to throttle,although if I start it while throttling I can continue throttling it at a high rpm, if I allow it to drop to it's idle and then throttle it stalls again, so I changed plugs, drained old gas and refueled, changed the fuel filter and poured seafoam in the fuel line and let sit for two weeks, it idles a little better but no change also if I shake the bike it idles faster and I can throttle it a little during this time, what else could i do please help

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Brother!
It sounds to me like there may be garbage or sludge in you float bowl and or jets. These bikes are great but they come from the factory extremely restricted and jetted very lean to pass the strict emission requirements here in USA. My advice to you is get a Dynojet kit and replace the jets with richer ones and unless you are happy with the current exhaust note, either gut the baffles or get more free flowing pipes. And get a K&N air filter.These things alone will allow the bike to breath much better and gain yourself at least 10-15 horsepower immediately. Also you may want to check your crank case breather, it may be clogged up. Good luck my friend and keep us posted on things!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts