Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I think I got the mods pretty much set what I am about to buy let me know if I am missing anything.I have a 98 750 Ace stock at the moment Tring to get more power out of it I carry a passenger alot and in the summer we go over 2-3 hours to the shore. 70% of my riding is highway.

Large saddle bags with ez brackets
Sissy Bar
V&H Cruiser Pipes
Stage 1 jet kit
Here is where I get stuck THUNDER HYPERCHARGE KIT Or Thunder Manufacturing Tornado Air Kit Not sure what the differance between this is but they are almost the same price didnt know which was better.

Anything else that I am missing? or suggestions. I also read here that changing the sprocket would be good for milage and highway riding what is a good size not to lose alot of power but make it easier on the bike underload.

Thanks again for all the help..

·
Registered
865 Posts
If the ACE is geared the same as the Spirit, a lot of people swear by the 38 tooth sprocket. They say you won't loose a noticable amount of power, but it is much better on the freeway.

With the other changes you have planned, you may feel a slight increase in power, but don't expect a huge difference. With that said, most people would probably say it's still worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the responce, I dont expect a powerhouse but little more kick would be nice, Hypercharger or not is where I am stuck the most.. I think everything else is ok..

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you go with either of the two intake options you mentioned, you will need to do a stage 3 rejet. As I understand it, the only difference between a stage 1 & stage 3 is the size of the main jets. You will be opening the intake and exhaust, and will have to install much larger jets than the ones in the regular jet kit. The jets are cheap, and can be purchased direct from Dynojet. You'll probably need 134/138 main jets, but I'd get a few other sizes, just in case. They are only $2.00 each or so.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The only downsides to changing the intake are.

Yes they suck more air, but it's only a 750 and it can be very hard to rejet it properly because it sucks in more air then the engine can handle (I'm not 100% that will be a problem, but I've heard of it, and rejetting it propertly seems to be the #1 negative comment when changing the intake),and needs to dump more gas to go with that, People says up to 10MPG lost when changed to new intake.

Do you ride on sunny days only? Everyone says that they are horrible on rainy days and damp days (because they are so open), just something to keep in mind.

You'll more then likely find yourself changing the filters more often because of bugs, dirt and other things going straight into the intake.

I, To was going to by a hypercharger/new intake until I thought of all the downsides, and looked at all the reviews. It only boosts it a couple horsepower and people say it's not all that noticeable. I have got the V&H pipes, K&N Filter and rejet and I have noticed a power difference, but nothing amazing. It's only a 750, It'll never be a power cruiser no matter how much you try, but just changing out the pipes, and a new filter with rejet seems to get the most out of the 750.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts