Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a a shadow aero about four months ago. seemed to run fine but out of know where it just doesnt seem to have the power it used to. it already had cobra pipes on it and there very black and sooty inside. also when im traveling down the hgh way maintaining around 80 mph i can only go about 85 miles and im out of gas. would this be a carb issue and maybe not jetted properly? any help would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nate, we need some more information.

Specifically:

1. Have the carbs been messed with (Re-Jetted, synced, cleaned, removed, etc.)?
2. Have you changed the plugs (or have read them)?

Off hand, I suspect that you may have a stuck float and/or a vacuum diaphragm may be stuck. Additionally, I would check the plugs, wires, and coils. Oh and one more thing... check the battery. I know it sounds strange, but when the batteries on the Aero's start to go bad, it really affects the way the bike runs.

This should give you a start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea about the bike ever being rejetted, i called the dealer i got it from to try to get some info on the bike and they didnt tell me anything. Ive had the plugs out and they all seem fine and i had heard about the battery problem from another guy so i charged it and at first i thought i felt a difference but i wasnt sure. I forgot to include that it does have some miles on it, around fifty thousand.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds like a stuck float. But if both cylinders are running the same (check the plugs) it is probably something else. If that is the problem, I would change he oil afterwards as it may be contaminated for the excess fuel.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Definitely running rich, PO most likely rejetted with the wrong size thinking more is always better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts