Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I am going to pack an overnight bag and head out on a Saturday morning (in late Feb. or early March) from Carlsbad, CA. I am planning on maybe doing two two hour lengths there and then again back Sunday aft. And I want to cruise not race!!! So, I am looking for suggestions of where to go that would be good for a dude like me who has not really investigated this beautiful part of the world I find myself living in.

I have traveled to Vegas more times then I can think of so that holds no interest, however, I also did not take note of any of the exit signs so

So, what could top that weekend for me: maybe meeting some others to ride with me. Some folks from here in SD county, maybe meet along the way with some from other parts like LA, Temecula, riverside or where ever.

I mentioned I wanted to cruise not race, but I in no way would want to not include those that have sport or touring bikes.

Any ideas or interest?

Cheers

P.S The more the merrier IMHO.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved here in 2000, but my job requires so much travel that I have not had a chance to investigate the locale.

·
Registered
943 Posts
what about palm springs ?????

I think that is close to the parameters. Are you planning on camping ??

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure I could fit my camping equipment ton my tiny bike. I have a place in palm dessert that I spend a few weeks a year at golfing, but I rent it out the rest of the time so it holds little interest to me. But a good idea to begin with. Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hello,
I grew up and raised my family in so. cal. I live in southern utah now. My brother and I are coming down to ride the coast Hwy. from the 29th of Jan. to the 2nd of Feb. Santa Barbara and north. I know thats earlier than your plans, but if you're interested?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds fantastic, I will se how my schedule works out and let you know. It is very gracious of you to extend the invite. :D

Cheers

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts