Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't wanna mess with My BMW, but come this fall I think I'd like to pick up something basic to bob. It'd be a great experience, doing that work and watching a vision emerge. I'm gonna have to find something fairly cheap to start with however, can't afford things like y'all have been bobbing! Any recommendations for some older li'l 400-750 cc size scoots that might take nicely to a bit of bobbing? And be worth riding or selling afterward? And no, I'm not a big fan of cafe racers, so that type of winter-play is out. Thanks!

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you considered buying a twin of what you have now. What better way to learn all about your present bike by tearing into it’s twin. Plus you'll have a rolling parts donor with all the OEM parts you shed during a bob, and donors in an emergency (like say spark boxes). Plus these bob out really well, and there is a wealth of examples and knowledge here. It’s a win win!

At least that what I would hope to do some day. I’ve taken my bike about as far as possible. But I have plenty of ideas for another lil’ sister and I pretty much know this model inside and out.
Not a bad idea if I can find her twin at a good price... and you're right, what a wealth of knowledge to be had. That's definitely on my shopping list, if one comes up at a good price this fall/winter :) I do like what I see in your sig pic :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.