Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the reason for routine inspections, I was polishing the bike the other day ( which btw is a good routine itself to get into for just such a reason) when I noted that the bold for the clutch hand lever was raised because the nut had come off, where, who knows.

Always try to scan over your bike at the very least weekly, but I prefer more often.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Of the reason for routine inspections, I was polishing the bike the other day ( which btw is a good routine itself to get into for just such a reason) when I noted that the bold for the clutch hand lever was raised because the nut had come off, where, who knows.

Always try to scan over your bike at the very least weekly, but I prefer more often.
+1 was cleaning the bike this week and saw the Throttle lock-nut had loosened.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good post. Yep it is a good idea. When I wash and polish along with the getting out the cleaning paraphernalia - also out comes the socket set, wrenches, Allen wrenches and screwdrivers.

I just do a quick once over and check. Sure, it takes an additional 10 minutes or so per bike but beats being stuck on the road with some simple little problem that could have easily been avoided.

Anal I know - but that's me ....

·
Registered
228 Posts
aye--visual inspection before and after use--really applies to all machines--safety saves lives

·
Registered
3,469 Posts

i had that happen to me too,the acorn nut was missin off the clutch lever,so i had to go get another one,i used some blue locktite and put it back on...cleanin is somethin i do everytime b4/after i go out on a ride..im very meticulous when it comes to my vehicles,i used to spend my downtime polishing my chrome and waxin my 2001 kw 900L when i was drivin truck over the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts