Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I ran into a lady Valk rider at a small diner. Nice looking bike, custom paint job. She commented that it was the best part of her ex-husband...

Anyway, she related a story about how when she had first started riding it some goober had made a turn in front of her and she had dropped the bike in the middle of the street. A bunch of folks saw it and some guys, one being an LPO chased the guy down and forced him to come back.

The offending driver, she said had given her a rash of attitude about motorcycles and women bike riders in particular. She said the guy just wouldn't shut up.

When the uniformed officer showed up and wrote a report and was taking her information, she had handed him a business card. The officer looked at the guy and told him he might really want to do whatever it took to make "her" happy and handed him the card.

She gave me one... It had her name and then it read Agent and Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigations.

I imagine the guy had wished he had caused the local Mob Boss to wreck instead....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Wouldn't have bothered me in the least.......if you got nothing to hide they don't have anything to find.
It's not whether they can find anything, it's how they look and how long they take to do it. Ask our CFO, he's been locked in a small office with 2 of them all week. His job is not getting done while theirs is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry folks but I am gonna have to disagree with her tactic. I am in a position of power with my job as well, one that can be very intimidating to many. I would never even think of flashing my ID or my "business" card in that or any other non professional situation, especially just to strike fear and intimidate another person. Have I been tempted at times, yes. Have I ever done it, no. She was wrong to use her influence in such a manner.....just my .02 worth.....Bob

·
Registered
521 Posts
AceRider said:
Sorry folks but I am gonna have to disagree with her tactic. I am in a position of power with my job as well, one that can be very intimidating to many. I would never even think of flashing my ID or my "business" card in that or any other non professional situation, especially just to strike fear and intimidate another person. Have I been tempted at times, yes. Have I ever done it, no. She was wrong to use her influence in such a manner.....just my .02 worth.....Bob
Doesn't sound to me like she intentionally used her influence, but gave a business card as a means for contact to the officer - and then the officer relayed the info to the other guy. Is that how it went?

Anyway, it makes for a cute story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.