Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Searched the threads and am just looking for updated info. Kathy, I saw you had questions when you swapped yours out . . . stopping faster, etc.
Do you still like 'em? Anyone else have opinions they can add--pros and cons? Thanks.

Bike stops just fine. Fall is approaching, and I'm just thinking about stuff to mess with in the off-season. Can't help it.

Also, I'm thinking about a wheel swap to lose the tubed tires. Wondering if I can get suggestions. It's an '03 750 Spirit. I hate tubes; it's just a thing I have . . . after some crappy experience. Have to replace the tires, anyhow; I figured I may as well go all out.
-john

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Lakota, you can seal the spoke rims, works real good, I haven't done so, but from the results I've read, it done well it really works fine.

as for braided cables enabling better braking, :shock: never heard of this, of course I have 2 hearing aids and still don't hear everything, and mostly know nothing. I always thought the braided cables were just to dress things up.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I found that because the braided hoses don't have the same flex as the rubber ones have, the action on the brake is a little bit more positive. I love them, one of the best few bux I spent on upgrades for the bike :) Stopping faster, naw... just more positive lever.

*grin* I'd trade ya wheels ;) Doubt they'd interchange, though... sigh.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I misspoke about "stopping faster." I should have said "better responsiveness." Thanks to all. It was what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.