Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is not when to figure out that what goes up does not always come down in a good way. Just say no to popping the clutch!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless he is moving at a decent speed I don't see this ending with the rider on top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
judging from the angle of the sun as shown by his shadow and the amount of air let out of his rear tire i think he is going to end up being ridden by his bike.....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Madness522 said:
judging from the angle of the sun as shown by his shadow and the amount of air let out of his rear tire i think he is going to end up being ridden by his bike.....
I agree, even though he appears to be feathering the clutch me thinks he has progressed too far for Newton to let him off easy

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
OHHHHHH! Laying a bike that size down right on top of the family jewels has really got to hurt. :cry:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here are some more.... this is Kyle Woods, a pro-stunter... and he loves stunting the Rocket III :)

I'm sure he made it out in one piece... :wink:

alos, u can see the stop light (skull eyes) being lit up - meaning he is hitting the rear brake :)

You can check out more at http://www.kylewoods.com/

8) :shock:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey,, I am an ol' s'cool guy.. LOL , or like to think so..

when I was young, and had nothing to do but ride, and fix , and modify my bike.. I really enjoyed the wheelies!

I still have a CB350 in the house that I love because of the wheelies *I* can do..

but watching the "PRO's" do those absolutly awsome stunts makes me wonder WHY *I* couldn't do it too...
I woke up to the reality... they are good.. but they really make the bike fit the trick...
That bike isn't as obvious.. but chain drive bikes are...
some of them have huge rear sprockets.. makes the bike wheelie real easy..
the rear duck tail is a wheelie bar.. the bike will ride on it without going over..lol once you know how to get up on the bar.. and not a tad tooo far over,, or to the left. etc
They have the nylon slider posts that look like extra foot pegs to save the bike from some damage by allowing the slider posts to hit the ground before the body work if the bike does go for a slide.
~ Gearing & Brake set up
~ Brake control
~ Learning and Mastering the 12 O’Clock wheelie
What ever I say.. those guys are really good at what they do !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTj3SB9OF-Q

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can see the E-Bay ad now...One slightly used Rocket 3. Low miles & New Paint. May need Clutch, fork seals, wheel bearings, and tailight lens. :lol:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
:D

Reminds me of the good ole days, buddy had a CB750. He thought he could imitate me on my Yamaha 400 doing wheelies.

He stood it up and then stood in the road watching it go on down the road without him, it finally stopped, against a parked truck 1/2 mile away.

Dumped him right off the back on his feet, almost like he meant to do it that way.

ahhhhh, memories. 8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
memories for sure.....a friend in hi school could ride his yam dt250 about as far as he wanted to on the rear wheel....til one day he screwed up, ended up setting the front wheel down on the hood of a teachers sportcar...of course with a buncha people watching. and i can swear to motorcycles continuing without riders, i was testing some fork adjustments on a honda mt250 enduro in a park lot over the speedbumps that separated the rows and did not notice the chain separating the front lot from the back lot. caught me under the chin, when i awoke, my bike was at least a couple hunnert feet away, had hit one of few cars in the lot. no damage, must have been about out of speed. ive seen em go much further in race videos, but i was in 1st gear going very slow.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I rode to work with a mechanic when I worked for Kawi., that could shift threw all the gears, and merge into to traffic while entering the highway on a wheelie. I used to keep traffic back a bit incase he went over though. He even had a oil pickup tube brazed to the original tube that went to the back of the crankcase so the engine wouldn't starve for oil on those 2 mile wheelies.
He did mention that they were easy to do until the front wheel stop spinning and you loose the gyro effect, makes sense to me. Wonder if he's still living today?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts