Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the day to get busy on the wife's new Aero. The agenda, install LED's, hard wire GPS and install the mount, install a 12 volt power point, and add an accessory fuse block.

Here's what it looked like after removing the tank, rear fender, saddle bags, rack and back rest, oh she also got some new Cobra floor boards.

I started w/ the LED's, pulled the rear fender, (what a PITA that was because of the rack and backrest) Got it on the bench to size up what needed to be done. Decided where and what, then commenced to gettin busy. I ran two sets of LED's in each side of the fender

drilled a couple holes to run the harness through.

Then I ran the tank strips

Then on to the front fender. I had to do this on the bike, removed the bolts and slid it all the way up and worked from the inside. I also ran some under the bike but didn't get any pics of those. I was gettin late and I was ruunin out of steam.

then tied in all the wiring

Then I installed and wired in the accessory block

I made a fused lead to connect the accessory block to the battery and a ground wire that splits into 4 leads to ground all the accessories.

Then the power point and GPS

Everything turned out as I hoped, have plans to add some more LED's. Long day but well worth it. Mama, came by and brought me dinner and hung out for a bit while I worked on it. Sorry, no pics of the LED's, my ass was too tired by the time I got home to take any. I'll try and get some by the weekend.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Nice journal of the process! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Looks good! Super clean work. I want a pic of those LED's at dusk whenever it's all back together.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hehehhhe...what a day. Nice photo journal of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the title of your post I thought maybe you were a moderator and had a long day of deleting post but after reading it and looking at your pics I see that you are a talented person that pays attention to detail. You gotta post some pics with it lit up! Awesome Job!
LOL too funny!

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soooo....pics of the QueenBee's bike all lit up?:mrgreen:
Sorry Mark, we were actually out last night cruising coastal highway in Ocean City. Her bike looks amazing and she got a lot of looks which really says something cuz most of the time they are eying mine. The chrome spoked wheels really light up! It's fun to watch ppl stop and point, or take pics as they cruise down the road beside us. On our way back home, it started to sprinkle so we were rushed to get them put away. I'll make sure to get some pics tonight and get them posted up,

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Sorry Mark, we were actually out last night cruising coastal highway in Ocean City. Her bike looks amazing and she got a lot of looks which really says something cuz most of the time they are eying mine. The chrome spoked wheels really light up! It's fun to watch ppl stop and point, or take pics as they cruise down the road beside us. On our way back home, it started to sprinkle so we were rushed to get them put away. I'll make sure to get some pics tonight and get them posted up,
Excellent! Can't wait to see it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts