Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Chief Honda
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I've been rehabilitating my long neglected 85' VT700C. So far I've cleaned and service the carbs, replaced the brake and clutch master cylinders, new turn signal stocks, new throttle cables, new grips, all oil and fluid changes, rebuilt the front brake pistons/seals, new tires, greased all the things and cleaned about 23.6% of all the dust and grime off. The one issue I still have is my Vance & Hines exhaust looks like crap. It's getting pretty rusty and there may be three different melted rain suits on the down pipes. I am having a heck of time finding a replacement exhaust.

Does anyone know of a company that will clean up the rust and re-chrome my current exhaust? Or know where new exhausts can be found for a 35 year old bike?

Oh, and I had it running today so here is a photo.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
Chief Honda
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone for the responses. I forgot to mention that the rust is mainly at the cross pipe underneath and at the brackets that mount the exhaust to the frame. Yes, at a distance it looks good. Especially since I did a bit of polishing on the pipe in the picture. My major concern us underneath and I know I should have taken a picture of that.

I've actually plated some things at home in the past. I was just hoping there was an outfit already set up to do this.

That matte paint idea is attractive too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts