Honda Shadow Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pretty interesting runin with a few harley riders today.
I ride a 05 vt750DC spirit and I LOVE my bike. Yes, I paid 4000 for it but its my baby.
Anyways, was riding earlier and came to a red light, next thing I know there are two harleys on a side of me. Didnt think anything of it(in the past, ALL bikers have been really cool with me)
Well, one of the guys starts talking all this $hit about my bike saying its a piece of crap and how I might as well be riding a scooter and when Im ready to ride a real bike, I should scrap my bike for metal and get a harley. There were two of them and I was bymyself so I didnt start talking back so I just made a right turn to get away from them..Well, they started following me and when I came to the next red light, the same guy started talking crap again and this time, he spits on my bike...I LOST IT..got so mad....What does he care what I ride, its MY bike, I bought it because I love the bike....
I always hear stories about bikers helping other bikers and never in a million years have I thought that someone would talk so much crap and spit on my bike just because its not a Harley.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You showed some incredible restraint! Good for you! Not worth it to argue with a couple of idiots! I ride with everything from Harley's to 250cc Chinese bike riders and everything in between. Just a couple of losers. Most people don't care what you ride just cool that you ride.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the past, if a bike pulls up next to me at the light, the rider would always nod his head or say HI or ask about my bike....but this was a first time something like this happened to me..

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
You know, I have been riding over 25 years, the last 12 on metric, and in all those years, no matter who, regular folks, patch holders, no matter what situation, out by myself, in toy runs etc, I have never had anyone do that.. so where do you people meet these folks?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just riding around...wasn't going anywhere specific..nice day out so decided to go riding...The guy who was doing all the trash talking seemed like he was drunk

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
As CD's tag line says, all you can do is feel pity for someone like that. Don't give it a moments more thought, the guy is nothing to you.

sanoke

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I was just riding around...wasn't going anywhere specific..nice day out so decided to go riding...The guy who was doing all the trash talking seemed like he was drunk

well yeah I think that might be part of the problem right there;-)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as Jealousy, I dont know...He had a BEAUTIFUL Harley..not sure what kind it was but it was ALL chrome and sounded MEAN AS ****..

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had a pretty interesting runin with a few harley riders today.
I ride a 05 vt750DC spirit and I LOVE my bike. Yes, I paid 4000 for it but its my baby.
Anyways, was riding earlier and came to a red light, next thing I know there are two harleys on a side of me. Didnt think anything of it(in the past, ALL bikers have been really cool with me)
Well, one of the guys starts talking all this $hit about my bike saying its a piece of crap and how I might as well be riding a scooter and when Im ready to ride a real bike, I should scrap my bike for metal and get a harley. There were two of them and I was bymyself so I didnt start talking back so I just made a right turn to get away from them..Well, they started following me and when I came to the next red light, the same guy started talking crap again and this time, he spits on my bike...I LOST IT..got so mad....What does he care what I ride, its MY bike, I bought it because I love the bike....
I always hear stories about bikers helping other bikers and never in a million years have I thought that someone would talk so much crap and spit on my bike just because its not a Harley.
I just read the http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-discussion/114021-why-being-considered-biker-cool.html thread and all I can say is. . . NOT a real biker. For a person to care about the manufacturer of a ride is not being a "motorcycle enthusiast" it is just simple, juvenile snobbery.

If it has two wheels, it is worth riding. I've been riding for many years myself and really like my current ride (best two wheels so far) but if you really like riding, the brand makes little difference.

Actually my son has just started riding my old 86 VT500 to high school and apparently he is getting a lot of sh!t from other highschoolers. Everyone is telling him that his bike is crap and he should get a Harley because it is the only "cool" bike to ride. Looking down on him because he rides a Honda.

Then the opinionated offenders walk their own "cool" selves onto the school bus and ride home in true style - oblivious to the irony.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
You know, I have been riding over 25 years, the last 12 on metric, and in all those years, no matter who, regular folks, patch holders, no matter what situation, out by myself, in toy runs etc, I have never had anyone do that.. so where do you people meet these folks?
This /\/\

Been riding for only about 4 years, Honda all of them, well over 50,000 miles. Over the last year, been around alot of MC clubs, I'm talking 1%ers, at alot of biker bars and biker events, Daytona, Leesburg and many other places with hole in the wall biker bars. Never never never had anyone give me any kind of crap about my metric. I certainly don't look for it and, I would like to think that if someone did, I'd just handle it like you did. Patience and restraint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is always an ******* somewhere. I have been snubbed by total non- acknowledgment, but that is rare. I have pulled into some bad ass biker bars, pulled
and parked amid the Harleys and have no probs. Its just the ******* rider,and he is just typical of an avg ******* that is now part of society. Just try to be cool.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I just read the http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-discussion/114021-why-being-considered-biker-cool.html thread and all I can say is. . . NOT a real biker. For a person to care about the manufacturer of a ride is not being a "motorcycle enthusiast" it is just simple, juvenile snobbery.

If it has two wheels, it is worth riding. I've been riding for many years myself and really like my current ride (best two wheels so far) but if you really like riding, the brand makes little difference.

Actually my son has just started riding my old 86 VT500 to high school and apparently he is getting a lot of sh!t from other highschoolers. Everyone is telling him that his bike is crap and he should get a Harley because it is the only "cool" bike to ride. Looking down on him because he rides a Honda.

Then the opinionated offenders walk their own "cool" selves onto the school bus and ride home in true style - oblivious to the irony.
Now I would expect it from high schoolers, apparently some are still attending high school even into the 30's and beyond

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAHAHA.....MARKSPIKE...thats funny...lol
Im in IL, not sure what city I was in. I live near Naperville IL but was out riding when it happen and not sure what city I was in when it happen...Maybe Joliet

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When we run into Harley assholes, we just point to our ears and say, "What? Sorry, can't hear you....earplugs." and go when the light changes.

Or you could get creative and say with a cleft pallet voice, "Owned a Harley once, now I'm deaf and can't hear."

Or say, "What? Louder". Then, "What? Louder." Keep going until his head explodes or his vocal chords come out of his nose. Hmmmm. Might try this one next time.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: It may be your look. Never had anyone f*ck with me. But I'm sure when they see the flip flops, shoulder bag and Eddie Bauer back pack on the sissy bar of an Aero...they're not gonna take any chances. :twisted:...:lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.