Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ughhhhh! There are times when I regret window shopping (not sure anyone knows this term anymore) on Craigslist,
Just found a twin of an old flame, my very first off the showroom floor brand spanking new motorcycle, Suzuki GS550, I absolutely LOVE that motorcycle, low miles immaculate great price, I wish I didn't see that ad, it's going to be a struggle to resist the urge to go buy it, I have three bikes right now and no more room for a fourth, when it comes to motorcycles I'm a polygamist 馃槅
Some turn up their noses at small displacement bikes, yeah my buddies would have me off the line but they stopped talking smack when I literally screamed past, 11,500 redline close ratio six speed, god I loved that bike馃槏
I have no doubt someone could modify that engine and squeeze another thousand rpm if not more out of it, yeah I know this is a Honda shadow board, but hey sometimes you have to remember past loves.
Anyone have a bike you loved so much that, if you found one for sale you'd buy it? Or have one helluva time talking yourself out of buying it. 馃榿

Registered
I know if I had a chance to get another '73 Z1 I'd have to hit my line of credit. my first Z was my first road bike back in '76......

Reactions: Ranma

Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
I've had this discussion a few times lately, I think people have a kind of Covid dwelling on nostalgia thing going on and the answer in my case is no.
As long as my head still works I have some great Kodachrome, sunny day type memories and don't want to ruin them with modern reality.
Modern bikes are better at almost all things, I do kind of miss the simple nastiness of two strokes though. (-;

Registered
Anyone have a bike you loved so much that, if you found one for sale you'd buy it? Or have one helluva time talking yourself out of buying it. 馃榿
Yeah,

If I ever see an ad for "Free to good home" 2nd gen Honda Valkyrie or 2nd gen Yamaha Vmax, you other squids need not apply, I'm on it !!!.

John

Registered
60s era ironhead sportster, bike was a piece of junk, but was fun to work on and sometimes ride, kickstart was tricky liked to kick back at ya..never had the title for it, don't know who had. Wasn't exactly worried about the legal aspect of riding back then. Was still in highschool anyway.. didn't even have a driver's license yet, 馃お

Registered
It must be a sign of me getting old, but nope.... there's no vehicles in my past that I would want to have in the stable anymore. Modern bikes are sooooooo much better than they ever were. I was just reading another thread on here where a member sold his VLX and is now riding an NC700. Night and day difference. I can go faster, farther and in more comfort with a modern bike than any bike from the past... within reason....
My son never understood why I built my old hot rod classic cars the way I do. He thought I was crazy to spend the money to replace the old wiring harnesses with Painless or other aftermarket systems. Those things are around $600! Aftermarket air conditioners???? "You gotta be crazy!". Four core aluminum radiators. Modern fuel injected crate engines replacing old small block carburated engines.... He now owns his second classic Camaro. He gets it.
Fact is: I've got a lot of battle damage from my life. It's nice to be able to drive my vehicles hundreds of miles and still be able to get out and walk around and enjoy my day. Being able to drive those hundreds of miles faster and with no worries about mechanical issues is even better.
The past is great where it's at... in the past. @CSRoad summed it up perfectly. I've got plenty of old photo's in albums laying around somewhere. Ever come across an old flame from the day? Seldom does she look anywhere as good as memory served. Keep it all in the past.

Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1977 Yamaha XT500 (thumper) Had one in high school. Riding down the road and would see a dirt path that looked inviting. Off we go, looking for an adventure. Was so much fun.....till I got hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts