Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically you see the true fire done over black (we're doing a Roadstar1600 like that right now). For this Sabre1100 though we thought it might be cool to do a silver metallic (HOK orion silver) base, with the true fire in white then a little black true fire to add some dark accents. It'll all get smothered with brandywine candy which ought to really "melt" the white into the silver, and create a "glowing" effect where the flames will really appear to hover over the background color at certian angles. Here's where we are so far.......

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Those tins look real good. Can't wait to see them after you get the clear on them and all polished out. Please keep us updated on the paint process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
BDsbigZRX said:
Typically you see the true fire done over black (we're doing a Roadstar1600 like that right now). For this Sabre1100 though we thought it might be cool to do a silver metallic (HOK orion silver) base, with the true fire in white then a little black true fire to add some dark accents. It'll all get smothered with brandywine candy which ought to really "melt" the white into the silver, and create a "glowing" effect where the flames will really appear to hover over the background color at certian angles. Here's where we are so far.......

Hey BD! Give me your BadX is my friend price to paint the SG :wink:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Guys, that is looking pretty awesome!!!

I checked out your site too. Doing some incredible work.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's very cool! When I had mine done, I thought about using a red base, but I just couldn't quite visualize how it would turn out. You do some good work there!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Those tins look nasty. I love the red candy coating....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts