Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to post regularly on here.. although it's going to be a little slow at first, since I just purchased my first bike and I'm learning to ride.. so I figured I might as well tell a little bit about myself!

I'm 25, and working at a medium sized printing company in Michigan as an IT Manager. I graduated from a large state university here, but actually studied and graduated with a degree in English. I was planning on being a teacher, and I'm 1 semester away from being certified. For now, I'm no longer pursuing teaching.

I think I'm kind of feeling stuck with life, and buying this bike might have been part of a mini-mid-life crisis (at 25? oh no!)! Regardless of the basis for my purchase, I'm extremely excited to get started riding. Currently my bike is in a friend's garage 2 hours away from where I live, because that's closer to where I bought the bike and my friend was extremely helpful in test driving it before I bought it, and then riding it back to his place for me. It's really hard right now to have just bought this thing that I've wanted so bad, and not even being able to look at it! hah.. oh well.. soon enough I'll have my temporary license and I'll be able to go up and practice with him.

Well that's where I'm coming from! I look forward to getting to know you.

-Dan-

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey Dan.

You're a smart guy.

If you take a course, you will learn very quickly and get some skills that will take you years to learn otherwise and will likely get a discount on your insurance too.

Your new bike looks awesome! So many parts of my bike are the same as parts of your bike.

Good luck, have fun, ride safe.

~Harvey

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Definitely take a motorcycle safety class, it WILL save your life someday. Plus, you want to keep this great looking bike looking this way don't you? Here's a larger pic for everyone to see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice, congrats, and welcomes!

Mornut, I'm in Southwest Michigan. Just about 5 minutes from the Indy border.. are you nearby?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.