Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

D.Hicks, here. I'll be picking up a 1988 VT800 tomorrow night if all goes as planned. It's far from riding season here in Montana, but It'll give me a little while to polish her up. Pictures tomorrow around this time for all to enjoy, I promise:D

A bit about myself: I've lived in Montana for the latest half of my life. I've recently started a career as a CNC Machinist, which I plan to take very far in time. As far as bike history, the '88 will be my first road bike, however I'm not a total stranger to two wheels. At 20, I dove head first into a 2003 Yamaha YZ250f with a frozen crank for the low(way too high)price of $700. I found myself splitting cases before I'd ever shifted with my foot. With the help of a mostly complete owners/service manual and a few youtube videos, she was up and running in just under a year. SUCCESS! Ended up spending $1600 total...but SUCCESS!
So here we are, three years later, looking at a bike that already runs?! This oughtta be cake...but something inside me hopes for a puzzle.

Great to be here, everyone! I look forward to all your help I'm sure I'll need.

-D.Hicks

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Good luck! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Welcome D.Hicks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Nap, you need to change your signature :p

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Hi There and ...

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
welcome aboard from Massachusetts. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here she is, folks! Boss and I picked it up at lunchtime. Pictures aren't great because I wanted to get back to work, but I'll take some more soon.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Congrats! I'll bet she sounds great with the exhaust being on each side of you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! I'll bet she sounds great with the exhaust being on each side of you.
Oh, it sounds amazing. She runs like nobody's told her what year it is too. Honestly, it's on the high end of the loud-scale, and those tips are just awful... I'll get my hands on some stainless and see if I can bend something really neat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts