Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this would be better in the general forums, but I'm a newbie and this is only my second post.

I'm trying to decide what stuff to buy for the bike, and for me, without going crazy (and broke). I already have a nice Shoei helmet that still fits fine, and some decent boots. Looking for a new leather jacket, but I'm gonna take my time on that. Considering how hot it's been in Chicago lately, I've been looking at mesh armored jackets, too.

I really need some kind of storage on this thing. As a former Gold Wing rider, I'm used to having lots of places to put things. Looking at the Rider's Friend stuff...an interesting concept, just as long as I can take it off when I don't need it. Guess I'll have to get a sissy bar (wow, I really HATE that term) just to be able to attach it.

To tell you how much of a technogeek I am, I ordered a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset for my helmet even before I picked up the bike. I know it seems like an odd first choice, but I really enjoy listening to music while riding. It keeps me calm and focused, and really adds to the enjoyment of the whole experience.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A lot will depend on what you are ridding. You can do more to a VTX than a VLX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you currently have a jacket that you are using? I have a Joe Rocket mesh armored jacket that I ride with, and it is awesome for hot days. I don't know how some people do it riding with full leathers during hot summer days. That being said, I'd love to get myself a nice leather jacket, perhaps one of those mesh/leather combos. I find that the mesh by itself isn't quite warm enough on cold days, and the inner lining (water proof) gets a little sweaty. Check out the mesh, you'll like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts