Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I've been lurking for a while, but I have a couple of questions I haven't seen asked yet, so I thought I'd pipe up. Here's the first:

One of my riding buddies has aftermarket pipes on her '02 ACE 750 (Right now, I don't know the brand/model). She's offered to give them to me and my '02 Spirit 750 when she gets louder pipes. The ACE has a two-into-one exhaust and the SS has dual-pipe exhaust. Theoretically speaking, it should work. However, I've noticed that Cobra has separate exhaust options for the ACE and the SS, so now I'm not sure.

The bikes are very similar and have a few notable differences that mean they have distinct aftermarket options, but I don't know if the exhaust is one of those differences. Long story short: Could aftermarket ACE 750 pipes fit a SS 750? I gotta check, cuz hey...free pipes! :D

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, visially the engine is the exact same, but it may be different (not sure).

The difference I could possibly think of would be the exhaust bracket, depending on the pipe (My Vance & Hines uses a bracket that mounts to the stock bracket, but I'm not sure if they all do that or not), and where the front pipe comes by the footpegs.

Those are the 2 problems that I can think of.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epic said:
Well, visially the engine is the exact same, but it may be different (not sure).

The difference I could possibly think of would be the exhaust bracket, depending on the pipe (My Vance & Hines uses a bracket that mounts to the stock bracket, but I'm not sure if they all do that or not), and where the front pipe comes by the footpegs.

Those are the 2 problems that I can think of.
I'd thought about differences in the bracket, but proximity to the footpegs didn't even cross my mind. Things to compare next time my friend and I ride together.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts