Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, I like the look of a smooth rear fender (no license plate or brake light) and was wondering if anyone has done that with their stock fender?

Is it possible to fill the recessed area where the brake light and turn signals & plate are on the stock rear fender? Say with fiberglass? Then repaint the whole thing? Anyone done this or know of anyone who has?

I'd like to do that, put on a side mount plate & brake light and some new rear turn signals.

The other option would be a new fender, but I'd rather not have to dish out all that cash, if I can fill the rear fender.

Your thoughts?

Cheers!
-Eric

Oh ya, 2003 Shadow ACE 750

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have seen two 750 ACEs with filled-in stock rear fenders. it took some cutting and fabricating and filling, but it does produce a nice look. but when you consider all the time and cost it takes to do this, you should also consider the cost of a new arlen ness fiberglass fender (about $200). it's not much of a difference.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am in the process of doing this very thing. We cut out the two mounting areas and welded in plates in their places. Then use fiberglass filler compound to smooth the fender back out before painting. I also happen to have inserted two flush mount LED tail lights that will serve as run/brake/turn signals. The paint job will incorporate the LEDs, but I don't want to give it all away before I have pics to show!

For me, this was the cheaper route since I work at the shop where we are doing the work. I also personally like modifying stock stuff, as I find it more custom and unique than just swapping it out for something different.

Also, I'm not a big fan of fiberglass fenders. They don't hold up as well.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
E-roc...

Where in Taunton are ya? I used to live on Highland St...on the north side of 44...I lived in Taunton for 9 years, and Raynham for one year.

Then moved here to Joisey...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.