Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another thread here that the 750 Spirit has 4 spark plugs. Are there 4 on the ACE 750 as well? If so, how do you get to the other 2?

Also before winter, I fogged only two of the spark-plug cylinders. Assuming that there are another 2, did I do damage by not fogging the other 2?

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a 98 ACE 750 and yes there are 4 (2 per cylinder). On the front and back cylinders the right plugs kinda hide behind the air cleaner. On the left side the front one kinda aims to the front left and the rear one kinda aims towards the back left. You kinda get at all 4 from the top, just behind the chrome part of the valve cover. Trying to go from memory, Ijust changed all four a couple of monthes ago but can't remember the exact location of them all.

I think you should be OK if you only fogged one on each cylinder. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup 4 on my 2001 ace. I'm surprised that people don't see it right off the bat. 4 plug wires = 4 plugs! Every shadow I have ever owned had 4 plugs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
remember that the bike is a v twin,,2 cyls even if it has 4 plugs, 2 per cyl, its still only has 2 cylinders so fogging only 1 plug in each cyl is ok.

2 plugs per cyl has been around for a long time, ford sed it the eighties and ninetys on 4 cyl mustangs and 4 cyl rangers and datsun and nissan used on there cars and trucks in the seventies and eighties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts