Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, so im looking tpo put some apes on my 01 Ace 750. I was looking at the LA Chopper Nice Curves 12"apes. Anyone have any opinion about these bars or any other apes i should look at?

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Hey yall, so im looking tpo put some apes on my 01 Ace 750. I was looking at the LA Chopper Nice Curves 12"apes. Anyone have any opinion about these bars or any other apes i should look at?
at how much? You can get 12 inch apes from J&P cycles for less then $50

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would like to try it on my bike, really, but I don't know where I could get longer cables for clutch, throttle, hydraulic brake. :|
Any ideas ? Buy longer cable from another motorcycle models ?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Don't buy wimpy 12" bars. Get macho he-man apes. They'll make you look like Jesus Christ toolin' down the highway and generate tons of envy from other riders. And check out these matching pipes!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Never figured out apes. Always look to me like some kid stole Dads bike and was stretching to reach the controls. They don't seem at all like they are comfortable or easy to control the bike. Someone educate me on these?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well its been stated before it all depends on the person. For me being 5'10" the stock controls and bars felt perfectly fine, until i went on a 6 hr ride and my legs started to cramp up. i took a ride on my friends harley with forward controls and 12" apes and fell in love. i just got my forward controls in and its a whole different ride. With the apes i feel like it doesnt put that much strain on your wrists. im def not comparing it to a crotch rocket. but for me its mainly comfort. i feel like im on a recliner on wheels. haha but thats just my 2cents

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.