Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After searching numerous posts and forums I discovered I couldn't change the light color on my '09 Shadow Spirit speedo because the led lights are embedded in the circuit board. I finally decided to take the chance and try and a red led strip to the housing itself somehow. I drilled 5 holes on the top of the speedo housing and layed an led strip I bought at Autozone for $16.99 (two strips). The sticky side will go up since you want the light in the housing just use some 3M double side to hold it in place.I was careful not to force the bit just let it eat at the plastic slowly. I tapped in to power and ground from the speedo connector , power is brown wire and ground is green w/black stripe on my Spirit. Not sure how many will try this but if you do it came out pretty good. Also be very careful not to get any shavings into the housing they are a mother to get out! drilling from the bottom while holding the speedo up side down helps a ton. If you do get any in there you'll have to bend the retainer ring back to remove the glass and blow it out....Yeah I had to:)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Nice job looks good

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Job!

So, did you leave the stock speedo bulb in, or did you remove (or disconnect) it?
Phil
I had to leave them in, there are 5 led's actually embedded in the speedo circuit board, so I just figured I'd add the red light and overide the white. I was totally bummed to learn it wasn't just a bulb I could replace. But it came out pretty good anyway. I saw a post a few months back where a guy actually removed and replaced the led's in the circuit board, I'm not that brave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.