Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL - man I thought I was about to do a quick little upgrade to the lights on my lightbar by adding visors. My local Honda store even had the Show Chrome visors that said they were made for my lights. Great! - I thought.

Man - I've added lots of mods to my bike - mostly myself. I'll say putting on these visors and reinstalling the lights into the light backs on the light bar has been the most frustrating, hair pulling, thing I've done. I needed at least 3 hands, the strength of Samson, and the patience of Job to get this job done. They look good but this was MUCH harder than I expected.

Now - is there some easy trick or something to this that I missed somewhere?

G

·
0 Posts
The visors, were a PITA!!!!!!! It took me 4 beers. :wink: :D

I added visors to headlight and lightbar.

For something so simple, should be easy to put on. :x Wished it was.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Putting the headlight visor in was easy.. getting it to stay in place is turning into a problem! How did people get it to stay in one place?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sniper Bob said:
Putting the headlight visor in was easy.. getting it to stay in place is turning into a problem! How did people get it to stay in one place?
Well - the way I did it (and it was my first time) the lip of the visor goes inside the ring that holds the actual light in place. Then the light goes in and is fastened in place with three spring clamps. Now that all sounds easy but you have to hold all that together with a good bit of force while, at the same time, putting in a couple of the spring clamps with the other hand to hold it all in place. Once there though, there's enough pressure on the visor lip at the top of the light to not move at all - its VERY snug.

And another issue, not what you asked about, was getting the face of the light back in the case that is already on the light bar. Lots of pressure (and judicious filing of one of the raised places designed to hold it all in place) and lubricant. But - I got 'er done and they look good and work great.

If I were designing this light I'd use some nice looking screws (besides the one on the bottom of the light) - maybe allen heads - to hold everything in place. That wouldn't be smooth shiny chrome but it would be fool-proof snug and easy to install and replace stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When installing the visors on the light bar, I used black tape and attached the visor to bulb by wrapping around the circumference. This allowed the visor to be firm enough in the right place while snugging the screws down on the bulbs surround piece. It worked very well.

As for the main headlight, the generic one from JC whitney really blew... it kept on rattling out of place. Since then I installed the one from Cobra that has tabs and that one stays in place. The only thing is it does rattle at certain RPM's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts