Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in a manual that re-jetting is not necessary because each pipe wields 2 baffles for a total of 4 among both pipes. One on the rear end and one near the engine itself but still within the pipe. Is this true? Can I remove my rear baffles for a deeper sound so long as the front baffles near the engine are still in tact and not re-jet?

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Normally, you wouldn't worry so much about re-jetting - as I understand it, if all you are monkeying with is your exhaust, taking baffles out may decrease exhaust back-pressure, but that will only negative impact lower speed performance - most won't even notice that..

As far as your question regarding baffles? ..I don't know.. Somebody probably will tho'.. ;) ...But unless you are adding more air you don't necessarily need to add more fuel.

· Banned
289 Posts
Normally, you wouldn't worry so much about re-jetting - as I understand it, if all you are monkeying with is your exhaust, taking baffles out may decrease exhaust back-pressure, but that will only negative impact lower speed performance - most won't even notice that..

As far as your question regarding baffles? ..I don't know.. Somebody probably will tho'.. ;) ...But unless you are adding more air you don't necessarily need to add more fuel
Yeah, constant velocity (CV) carbs mean what they say!

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts

As far as your question regarding baffles? ..I don't know.. Somebody probably will tho'.. :wink: ...But unless you are adding more air you don't necessarily need to add more fuel
Yeah, constant velocity (CV) carbs mean what they say!
.. ?? Are you quoting me?? ... Am I quoting you??

There's bits of both me and you in that word soup, what's going on there, Aufy?

· Registered
779 Posts
No you won't have to re-jet if you just remove the rear baffle as the exhaust flow only has a small increased in flow but just the sound is made louder...
He is a LINK to how to do it...

As for performance, I didn't notice any loss throughout the rev range, if anything, I it picked up a fraction... But mine has EFI though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.