Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch lever on my '88 VT800 sits a bit far out from the grip - so the travel to bring it to the grip and disengage the clutch is kind of a long ways. On my other bike, which has a cable pulled clutch, there are ways to adjust the lever to bring it closer to the grip.

My wife's hands are just a bit too small for her to be able to ride covering the clutch (just as we were taught to do in MSF classes).

I've moved the master cylinder to different positions on the bar, but none of them bring it in enough.

I can't see anyway to adjust the lever - but hope that I am just missing something. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could bring the lever in closer to the grip? I need to do it in a proper way so as not to leave the clutch partly disengaged of course.

Thanks all

davyyd

·
Registered
336 Posts
davyyd

I have an '87 VT700, basically the same bike. What ya see is what ya get! I've thought of maybe bending the lever in a little, but the clutch disengages/engages about 3/4+ released, as you already know, so don't think it would help. You'd probably just be riding the clutch a little all the time.

Gumpy

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
davyyd,

If you got a dealer nearby or a dealer for dirt bikes....you might try to use the levers off a dirt bike. These are "bent/offset" more than the street levers. I can't specify any one make/model of lever....motr like whatever works. You even got a color selection! 8)

I know this has been done over the years and when I 1st got on the board....many members were looking for a way to shorten the reach. Some have done it.

Bullzeyet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.