Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in sioux falls sd which is about 1400 to 1600 above sea level. I am traveling to the black hills the end of this month which anywhere from 4000 to 6000 above sea level. Anyone know if I need to do anything to my carb or will it run ok with out adjustment.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Are you going to be staying at altitude, permanetly. If NO, do nothing. If yes adjust out 1/2-1 turn.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you going to be staying at altitude, permanetly. If NO, do nothing. If yes adjust out 1/2-1 turn.
Sweet thanks. Not going to there permanently I am just going out to celebrate my wedding anniversary with my wife I will try to have her take lots of pictures while shes on the back.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Wouldn't the correct direction be "In" to lean the mixture and compensate for the lower O2 levels (although 4-6k isnt really a significant enough altitude to worry about for short term)?
You are correct it would be adjusted in for high altitude. Also correct, until you are going to be consistently above 6000' I wouldn't adjust anything.

I regularly ride a 120 mile loop to the mountains. From the house at 300' to 7000+ and back down. Don't notice any real difference with the bike at the high altitudes. May be due to the fact that there is very little High Speed riding being done in the mountain twisties. Also not at altitude long enough to notice MPG changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.