Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you all know I have viking bags throw over on my 2008 honda shadow aero 750
.I found this ad on Facebook for these hard bags for 50.00. They came off a 1980 cm400. Is it possible le and how would I make these work..id have them painted to match. But if it's doable I lo
Product Output device Gadget Communication Device Font
ve them

· Registered
3,273 Posts
Most bags should work, you may need to drill holes to bolt the brackets to the bags, A stiffener plate for the inside of the bag can be made from aluminum or ? to help the floppy type bags retain their shape, they should be mounted with some kind of re-enforcement , large flat washers or a plate to spread out the load. Cool thing is turn the key, lift them off the posts and carry in to the motel room. just leaves the 4 mounting posts on the bike when you don't want the bags on.

Reactions: Kenstone

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,477 Posts
Do those work on all bags

As long as you have a flat mounting area I suppose. I made supports for the bottom of the bags and bolted them to the bottom of the bracket. I also added full shaped support out of 1/4"Lexan to the inside back. I would use a nicely finished ply board instead the next time as the Lexan did crack around the bolt head area. Mine were the the discontinued Ghost/Edge bracket and I had to rebuild/weld them last season. By design the Easy Bracket is better constructed and should last. I have done a couple trips and lots grocery hauling (overloading) creating this issue otherwise they should be fine. I have very large saddle bags.

· Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as you have a flat mounting area I suppose. I made supports for the bottom of the bags and bolted them to the bottom of the bracket. I also added full shaped support out of 1/4"Lexan to the inside back. I would use a nicely finished ply board instead the next time as the Lexan did crack around the bolt head area. Mine were the the discontinued Ghost/Edge bracket and I had to rebuild/weld them last season. By design the Easy Bracket is better constructed and should last. I have done a couple trips and lots grocery hauling (overloading) creating this issue otherwise they should be fine. I have very large saddle bags.

I'm not wanting to relocate turn signals yet bit I would have to

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,477 Posts
That's up to you. I was just giving an example of my Valks setup. You were wanting info about mounting not relocation of turn signals if I read the post right. ;)

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Most bags should work, you may need to drill holes to bolt the brackets to the bags, A stiffener plate for the inside of the bag can be made from aluminum or ? to help the floppy type bags retain their shape, they should be mounted with some kind of re-enforcement , large flat washers or a plate to spread out the load. Cool thing is turn the key, lift them off the posts and carry in to the motel room. just leaves the 4 mounting posts on the bike when you don't want the bags on.
I have used cheap/thin nylon cutting boards as stiffener plates in the past.
Easy to cut to shape and drill mounting holes, and holes can be tapped too.
Works for me,
A cutting board in a top bag (bowling ball Bag :D) on my dirt bike:
Automotive exterior Automotive design Luggage and bags Bag Tints and shades

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts