Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I can finally post in the regular forums :cool:

I used to own a 2001 Sabre years ago and recently test rode a 2000 Aero 1100 with plans to buy it soon. I know there is a difference in HP between the single pin and dual pin motors in these bikes, but am I crazy or is the Aero 1100 alot less powerful than the Sabre 1100?

Now my Sabre had a 2-1 V&H pro pipe and rejet on it which made a big difference, the Aero is stock, but the Aero felt alot less poweful when accelerating. I am no speed demon and the Aero is still plenty quick for me and the riding I do now, but I was a little shocked at how different it felt than my old Sabre. The Aero also had a windshield and saddlebags but I don't think that would make a huge difference.

I think the Sabre is geared lower as well which may make a big difference.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Ther is a marginal HP difference between the 2 but not really enough to make a difference. The main difference is in the gearing and HOW that power is used and made available. The saber has Closer ratio gearing for better acceleration. Also your Saber was modified and Jetted, even if you didn't pick up actual HP, you gained in the ability to use the power available.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have always heard somewhere between those 2 numbers. But even at the low end that is a fairly big % increase over the single pin. My brother used to have a Sabre & it was geared lower than my Spirit. Most V twins don't make anywhere near the HP that many people think they do. Just like most MC speedo's are very optimistic. But it's HP is good enough for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I was not sure what the HP diff was but 10hp would certainly be easy to feel, especially if it was geared lower, plus mine was modded. The Sabre was a rocket for me, tons of power anytime I needed it, I loved that bike. I'm not drag racing and I love the looks of the Aero so the minor decrease in power is not a huge issue for me, I just felt that it did not have the kick my Sabre had when test riding.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
The older Aeros were always one of my favorite bikes, the bucket mounted speedometer is something I would like to add to my bike.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
1100 Aeros are beautiful machines! They also sound amazing!!!

Just make sure the guide plug leak has been permanenetly fixed. It's an issue that ALL 1100 Aeros had.... Google guide plug leak Aero and you'll find a ton of info....

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts