Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 aero has 6700 miles and although the stock bridgestones would have gone for awhile I got the 170 for the rear and its much better for 2 up with the wife and looks alot better. It is one heavy tire. The front was the same size numbers but was alittle narrower than the stock tire. But the bike turns so much easier now. The new tires are well worth the money and the best thing Ive done for the ride so far.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
My 06 aero has 6700 miles and although the stock bridgestones would have gone for awhile I got the 170 for the rear and its much better for 2 up with the wife and looks alot better. It is one heavy tire. The front was the same size numbers but was alittle narrower than the stock tire. But the bike turns so much easier now. The new tires are well worth the money and the best thing Ive done for the ride so far.
How about some pics of the ride with the new griptionators.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
they are really nice tires. they are the best in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
they are really nice tires. they are the best in my opinion.
I normally dislike ditto posts, but yeah, my replacement tires have always been Metzlers.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
good lookin' bike bud.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I have metzlers on both my bikes and they make the bike almost lean on its own. However, as much an improvement they're over the factory dunlops, I can't claim they're unequivocally the best out there, not having experience with Avon, Pirelli, etc.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have used a lot of tires in the past 40 years and have found, whatever I put on, the bike always felt 100% better. I would like to be able to compare brands new to new to really see the difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So far I have run Maxxis , Dunlop , and Bridgestones with all of them lasting arround 7000 mi. I am going to try the Metzlers next.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Originally Posted by vulture07

So far I have run Maxxis , Dunlop , and Bridgestones with all of them lasting arround 7000 mi. I am going to try the Metzlers next.
12,000 on my front Metzeler and looks only half way there. The trick is to pump them up around 40psi, otherwise I heard they cup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im running 30 in the front and 35 in the back. Maybe I should raise the front some. What PSI does everybody else run?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Originally Posted by seafox

im running 30 in the front and 35 in the back. Maybe i should raise the front some. What psi does everybody else run?
the higher the better IMHO, but I suppose you'd better follow the tire manufacturers specs. The "higher the better" because the rubber doesn't squirm around on the asphalt as much and wear the tire. It's a harsher ride in city, but highway/freeway, can't beat higher psi. I once ran my front at 60psi on the freeway. Best ride I ever had. Earlier, I had filled my front tire up at a different service station and I guess they had a super pressure or sumpting and I didn't check the gauge reading. Next day checked the pressure at home and it blew my 0-60 gauge, so it might have been 70psi for all I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 09 Shadow Aero came with Maxis tires and I now have about 11000 miles on it and I had just noticed that the rear tire needs to be replaced.
I was thinking about putting white walls on my bike but found that Dunlop is the one that has white wall for my bike and I'm not sure if I would get the milage out of dunlops as I did with the Maxis

·
Registered
95 Posts
the higher the better IMHO, but I suppose you'd better follow the tire manufacturers specs. The "higher the better" because the rubber doesn't squirm around on the asphalt as much and wear the tire. It's a harsher ride in city, but highway/freeway, can't beat higher psi. I once ran my front at 60psi on the freeway. Best ride I ever had. Earlier, I had filled my front tire up at a different service station and I guess they had a super pressure or sumpting and I didn't check the gauge reading. Next day checked the pressure at home and it blew my 0-60 gauge, so it might have been 70psi for all I know.
I am stunned by this post!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts