Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Aero 750 and the starter switch on the handle bar has a short in it. First does anyone know a good place to get an inexpensive replacement (they want $80 bucks at the dealer because they want to sell you the chrome cover with it). Secondly, now my tail lights/turn signals and headlight are starting to short out. I've been told that the ignition switch could be the cause of this so I figured I'd start by replacing the switch first and go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
423 Posts
silledon,
I wasn't able to locate a part # for an '05 Aero starter/kill switch, but I looked up one for a 750 Ace (which should be the same part) and found it for $49 at:

http://servicehonda.com

If you have the part number you can plug it in to their part pricing page and see what they want for it. I've bought parts from them before and they are very good to deal with.

Brian

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a problem with mine as well. It turned out that the lightbar, which was tapped into the headlight harness was the culprit. This is quite notorious for this kind of setup. If you have a lightbar tapped into your headlight circuit without a relay and an inline fuse, this may be your issue.

I have ordered Gonzo's lightbar harness - he is a member on this site. Thought you'd be interested if you need to look at this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks. I don't have a light bar, so I guess I'll go ahead and get the switch from the servicehonda site and see where that gets me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, no, I hadn't even thought of that. No idea why, so I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to say thanks for the cleaning idea. I took it apart and although it didn't actually need to be cleaned, I did find that the gold contact in the bottom half of the switch is spring loaded and it wasn't moving up and down at all. So, I adjusted the legs on that contact and it moves fine now and works perfect.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
335 Posts
AngryHatter said:
after I mentioned that it is a felony to sell a vehicle under recall.
I didn't know that. Does that apply to dealers only or to private party sales too? Is it a federal law or a state law?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts