Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,689 Posts
It will either run poorly, run great, or run great and run lean. The last one will cause damage......eventually.....

You could do a spark plug test if it runs ok, and see how they read at full and half throttle with new plugs each time. If it looks like it is running in the tan range you would be good to go.

Go to the Jetology sticky above it walks you thru re-jetting with pictures - it's not that bad of a job.

· Registered
4,689 Posts
Re: re: aftermarket exhaust pipes

Bull said:
Thanks for your response, my bike runs like a bat outa hell, noticeable increase in performance, the only backfire is when I let off the throttle from a medium to high speed, then it sounds like the Fourth of July, my plugs are running in the tan range, thanks again for your help, BULL.
Simple fix then....back out the idle screw adjustment on each carb about 1/4 turn - the idle circuit is running lean according to your description causing deceleration popping. Not an issue with hurting anything just annoying. Take a look at the Pictures in the Jetology sticky it should show the approximate location of the idle screw adjustment screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.