Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,955 Posts
Did you hook out the gaskets that were in there before replacing them with new ones?
They start out as hollow copper donuts and then get squished to a truncated cone shape in the port that can be hard to see to remove.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New gaskets are on the way, I just mocked these up since the flanges looked so long. Front and back pipes have the same size flanges. Sick exhaust the rear flange is much longer than the front. I measure the outer diameter and they're the same width as stock. Maybe they're just designed this way to fit more years? I dunno, just looks really odd with the collar being that far out.

· Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,955 Posts
On my Cobra pipes on the 750 they don't reuse the split collar which is on the stock pipe.
Maybe yours is similar.
There is just a larger sleeve welded in the pipe that seals to the gasket, and the new flange presses on directly on that.
My bike is buried in the shed for the winter and this is the only picture I have of the Cobra flange setup.

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts