Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear right signal,it got broken along with my bent front brake lever(don't ask). The front lever issue is behind me,but I was looking for a used OE signal and for the same money I can get these Chrome Cast Aluminum w Amber Lens Motorcycle Turn Signal Lights Cruiser Touring | eBay . I was just curious to see if anyone has had any experience with Kapsco products. I like the look of these but wounder what they would look like on my 03 spirit 750 as far as the size is concerned. I want to eventually install the Billski mod Honda Spirit 750 Tail Light Replacement in the future once I stop bleeding money making my bike road safe. I can't stand the look of all that bulky stuff on the rear end of the Shadow.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
A-1307 Waterproof 2W 112lm 14-LED Yellow Light Motorcycle Turn Signals Bulb - Silver (12V / 4PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I just got those in for my bike, pretty bright and in the description they were alloy + ABS but I am not sure where the alloy is as they are all ABS apart from the steel threads.... Expected it to be plastic and it was

I also got a pair of these for a friend and they are alloy

2X 12 LED Motorcycle Turn Signal Indicators Light Metal Chrome Yamaha YZF R1 R6 | eBay

But pretty small

I have these on the rear of my 750 and they are pretty bright in line but not so on the angle.

Chrome Amber LED Turn Signals Blinkers for Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha Honda Cruisers | eBay

I replaced the flasher relay as well... was bout $4.50 for one that had the same plug :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What size is the diameter of the hole on the fender bracket?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I monted the light bar off a Vulcan. Got it on ebay and made some quick easy brackets to get it to work, then finished with a lighted plate since I removed the old plastic crap off the back. I plan on redoing it a bit later to move everything up and tighter together. Don't be afraid to do something a little different.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Kapscos. I'll let you know how they works out. I guess I could always sell my OE left signal to recoup the $.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
1386269147381.jpg 1386269169456.jpg

I put new aftermarket LED's on mine as well, minitiarized version of originals. Brighter and smaller they cleaned up the back. Installation was easy and they came with diodes prewired. Cost was low too. Holes were too big for new stems, but a washer fits on the holes and had the right sized hole in the middle. A little paint and you can't see the washers.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow
Phantom Custom

This posted from my 'droid device.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those look great. The ones I have coming are incandescent. Where did you end up splicing your wires?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Look under your fender, cut there but be warned-there is not a lot of wire to splice into. I loosened my fender and propped it up with a hunk of wood to give me room to work. Hardest part was finding a way to keep the shrink tubing away from the heat from sautering gun.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow
Phantom Custom

This posted from my 'droid device.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tip. I will loosen my fender as well. What did you have to solder? When I replaced a signal on my Rebel I used crimp connectors.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I removed the complete wires and did it on the bench... it wasn't hard as they unplug under the seat. Seat off and I did one side at a time so the guard stayed in place and it gave the opportunity to give each chrome molding a good polish while off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Keep in mind that the smaller the turn signal the less noticeable which means people might not realize you are turning as easily.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I removed the complete wires and did it on the bench... it wasn't hard as they unplug under the seat. Seat off and I did one side at a time so the guard stayed in place and it gave the opportunity to give each chrome molding a good polish while off.
I like the way you think. Come to think of it,that's the way I did it on the rebel,but it was a pain because all the wires were crammed inside a box behind the taillight. I will look to see where the wires plug in under the seat.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Keep in mind that the smaller the turn signal the less noticeable which means people might not realize you are turning as easily.
No danger there, they are brighter than stock. I doubt someone will say "those are small I'll ignore them." Chances are they'll just ignore them.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow Phantom- Custom

This one sent from my other 'droid device

·
Registered
459 Posts
No danger there, they are brighter than stock. I doubt someone will say "those are small I'll ignore them." Chances are they'll just ignore them.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow Phantom- Custom

This one sent from my other 'droid device
Here on P.E.I bikes must pass a M.V.I. Anything less than 2" will not pass.Nothing stops you from changing them afterwards but if you get in a accident Ins will not cover you.
:) ;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 34 Posts