Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put about 150 miles on the bike this weekend, about 75 miles each day, and at the end of my rides Sunday my ass was numb! Then the wife jumped on for a 2-up ride to a BBQ, and after those 3 miles she was complaining about the seat too!

So I'm in the market for a seat. I'm leaning toward the Corbin Dual Tour with an integrated backrest for the wife, but it doesn't look like that seat uses the side mount bolts - So it seems like would not be as firmly attached as the stock seat and would rub the fender more, and damage the paint. I know, normally you'd never see it, but if i ever want to switch to a solo seat or something I don't want the paint to be destroyed.

Similarly, the mustang 2 piece Wide Touring, has a funny little connection between the driver and passenger portions that seems like it would increase fender rub...

Anyone have any experience with either seat and notice any damage to the fender that you would not have gotten if you'd stayed stock?

Thanks!
Spencer

·
Registered
302 Posts
On my 09, Honda graciously provided a factory seat that marred the fender clearcoat in the 4 spots where they placed rubber bumpers. Guess they wanted to stay one step ahead of the aftermarket. Looks kinda like they installed the seat before the clearcoat was cured. Bike only had 900 miles, all one-up, so it wasn't caused from friction.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Some people think corbins are great. I hate them. They make my butt ache just sitting on it for a minute. I find them to be extremely hard & uncomfortable. But some people think old wooden chairs are better than a padded recliner. Different strokes. Lucky for me I love my stock 97 1100 spirit seat. It fits my butt.

I would try to find someone with the seat you are interested in on a bike to try before you buy, whatever company you go with.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
For the OP, if you are worried about aftermarket seats rubbing the paint on your fender, give http://www.meancitycycles.com a try. You send them your stock seat and pillion seat and they can do a number of modifications to it. A lot of times the overall price is cheaper than what you would have purchased a Mustang or Corbin for. When winter comes, I'll be sending my stock Magna seat to them for the memory foam mod.

The stock seat on my Magna has also marred the paint with its little rubber boots. It's not too bad though.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I have the Corbin DT with 2 back rest and it works for me, I've 40,000+ on mine and my butt is old, old.........I also use a sheepskin cover on it to keep my butt warm on cold days and cool on hot days, them seats do get hot when out in the sun.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts