Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around for sissy bars and looking for a cheaper alternative than buying a Cobra brand. I hit up Ebay. I've always like the "easy rider" bike look with that triangular rod sticking out of the rear. I ride with my back pack a lot, and sometimes I just want to tie it to my bike. Have you guys ever bought anything from foreign country that is of no name-brand. I like this one, but I also wouldn't mind having a low sissy bar. I hope it is really stable.

Sissy Bar for Honda Shadow Spirit VT 750 DC 0108 TRack - eBay (item 250698688259 end time Feb-14-11 18:35:45 PST)

·
Registered
18 Posts
well before my shadow i have a 05 636 ninja, one bad bike... i bought it off my buddy who wrecked it, ordered my plastic off ebay, it came from hong kong, took a while to get it but the paint quality was awesome.... so i think its hit or miss really just look at his feed back if its good go for it , i like saving all the money i can

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Go for it. Be the guinea pig. Just remember, you are ordering from China, and it can take up to a month to get to you. Sometimes much, much less, and the quality is sometimes questionable. For the same price (or close including shipping) there's this:

TALL HONDA SPIRIT VT 750 DC BACKREST SISSY BAR SHADOW - eBay (item 300519950675 end time Feb-26-11 21:04:08 PST)

or this:

Backrest Sissy Bar Honda Shadow Spirit VT750 DC 01-08 T - eBay (item 230568062458 end time Feb-26-11 20:24:58 PST)

this seems like a good deal, but bid quickly:

Spirit VT 750 DC Sissy Bar/Backrest For Honda USED - eBay (item 160543071125 end time Feb-10-11 15:13:04 PST)

Good Luck!

(EDIT: BTW, some of those pads can be downright painful for your pillion rider's back -buying a non-standardized backrest can cause you some real headaches if you wanna upgrade to, say, a Mustang pad, for bolt-on fitment. Just sayin'...)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Coming from Asia, they have pretty good stuff here at incredibly low prices.
They also have some great quality rip-offs too. Hahaha...
The usual complaint is that the chrome finish is "thin" otherwise, no issues.

Got these emblems in Hong Kong for $2 brand new.

And yes, the spelling is all correct. :-D

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Coming from Asia, they have pretty good stuff here at incredibly low prices.
They also have some great quality rip-offs too. Hahaha...
The usual complaint is that the chrome finish is "thin" otherwise, no issues.

Got these emblems in Hong Kong for $2 brand new.

And yes, the spelling is all correct. :-D
O.H. - did not mean to imply that they are ALL garbage, but of course, you get all your parts custom-made by your local fabricator, too!;)

And yes, most of the chrome pieces that I have seen come out of China do not have the best-looking chrome and it are susceptible to rusting easily.

And I have also bought a set of these emblems (2 sets, actually) for about $10 a pair including shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts